Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

SAY YES TO BOTANICALS AND CHINTZ !

I did from the late 80's to this day. Who doesn't need a bit of color and bloom in the winter.  Chintz, botanicals and live plants bring the beauty of the garden in any home.
          
Here I started with an arrangement of framed botanical pictures.  I love the use of gold framing.


          I always add easy growing green and flowering plants to my indoor landscape to keep the gardener in me happy until the first flush of spring flowers arrive.  "Living energy in your home is positive energy."


 

   
             




And now to Chintz!

To  me, cotton chintz is a timeless classic.  I like to use it sparingly, as an accent via floor or sofa pillows. This neutral sofa is punctuated by chintz pillows.







Cotton chintz shower curtain in guest bathroom


If anyone likes cotton chintz like I do, avoid the following:
  • Avoid dated colors like hunter green, brown and reds in chintz
  • Avoid finishing pillows with ruffles.






No comments:

Post a Comment