Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pecorino Cheese from ABRUZZO - Formaggio Pecorino d'Abruzzo

My husband just flew back from Abruzzo yesterday.  He was given this cheese by a relative who lives in Castelli (Teramo).


Pecorino d'Abruzzo - Artisan sheeps' cheese

I just could not wait to taste it.  Simply GUSTOSO!




Pecorino cheese from Tornareccio (CH)

When my relatives ask me what do I want from Italy - my answer is Cheese from Abruzzo.

Some sites and sounds of a pastoral life in Abruzzo.   Enjoy!

 di maurizio casalini

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Cheese is always top on my list to bring back when I visit Abruzzo. I especially like the pecorino your husband brought back which is from Teramo. It is impossible to find this cheese in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jody - Thank you for the comment and I agree. When cheese is left on the counter, the oil appears on the surface. It's very flavorful. Worth the trip to Italy for the cheese alone.

    ReplyDelete